Sandalwood powder has long been used for skin problems and with good reason. Regular use of this antibacterial powder can fight acne-causing bacteria, exfoliate the skin, soothe sunburn, remove suntan, and reduce signs of aging like dry skin and wrinkles. When you have an acne outbreak, apply a paste of 1 tbsp milk, 1 tbsp sandalwood powder, and a pinch of turmeric powder. Wash off after 30 minutes.
Skin Care Benefits Of Sandalwood Powder
Prevents and cures pimples
Reduces wrinkles and signs of aging
Heals dry skin
Enhances skin brightness
Exfoliates the skin
Troubled by acne, blemishes, or dry skin? Instead of going for commercial beauty products, opt for sandalwood powder, which has been extensively used in ayurveda as a holistic way to treat skin conditions. Its numerous health and beauty benefits can treat skin rashes, blemishes, acne, and many other skin problems. Here are the benefits of sandalwood powder for your skin.
1. Removes Blemishes And Warts Blemishes caused by pimples, acne, rashes, or injuries can leave a mark on the skin, which can sometimes be permanent. Sandalwood is known to remove stubborn blemishes and spots. Red Sandalwood may also be effective in the removal of warts, especially genital warts caused by HPV virus
When the skin produces sebum and oil in excess quantities, impurities, dirt, and germs clog the skin pores. This traps the sebum and oil below the skin surface and results in pimples. Sandalwood’s anti-bacterial properties also help your skin fight the acne-causing bacteria, making your skin look flawless.
To Cure Pimples
- Mix 1 tablespoon of red sandalwood powder, 1 teaspoon of milk, and a pinch of turmeric powder into a paste.
- Apply the paste on the skin and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash it with cold water.
The medicinal properties of sandalwood and turmeric heal the affected areas and make the skin glow.
To Prevent Acne
- Apply a face mask of 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and 1 teaspoon of milk.
- Wash it with cold water after 20 minutes.
- Then gently dab your skin with cotton wool dipped in rose water.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of red sandalwood powder and 1 teaspoon of honey or milk into a paste.
- Apply the paste on the skin.
- Keep the mask on for 30 minutes and wash off with cold water.
Doing this thrice a week removes suntan and evens out skin tone.